Thursday, December 27, 2012

We Need To Talk


Now before you worry, I know this is a phrase that often brings a lot of anxiety. It generally comes at a time when you cannot talk, ironically.  Once spoken, there is normally a waiting phase before the “talk” actually happens, bringing lot of unresolved tension. Well, I will not leave you waiting.

The issue I would like to bring up is interesting enough that I have decided to spend a few moments of writing on it. We have all seen it, some have unfortunately experienced it. It often has the nerve to be seen 3-5 times, sometimes more, a day. If it was a once in a while issue, it would hardly be worth mentioning and I wouldn’t waste my time.  But this is something that repeatedly swirls in my mind as an annoyance that needs to be mended! Enough is enough!

 I am sure by now you know of the issue I am writing about.  Yes, I am addressing the inappropriateness of artificial blue toilet water. You know, the color of blue that makes you stop and question if you just became a cartoon character once you walked through the bathroom door. No one’s sanity should be questioned!  I object to the use of topaz being used for a commode, however grand, when it should obviously be the color of a jewel in a ring or necklace.  When will we make a stand? What is next? Where will we draw a line?

The steps we must take begin with our own families. One suggestion I have for the non-confrontational type  is to leave a family gathering at an unnoticed moment and try to flush the thrown as many times as possible so as to use up the colored water. If the family gathering is not large or loud, it may become awkward for one to explain all the flushing, so pick your time wisely.  Other ideas include having a carefully planned intervention, adding artificial red food coloring to your meals (fighting fire with fire will be a decision you make solely based on your personality), have a bathroom strike, or set up picket lines complete with signs, if you have other thoughts or suggestions you may post them below.

I realize this is awkward, but it had to be addressed.

 

2 comments:

  1. An appropriate response may be to magically turn the water green...and then leave it for the owner of the toilet. Again, just an idea, and I may not have totally thought it through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it is to teach a lesson. I am pro- education

      Delete